Ten things to do in 2010!
Welcome to 10 for 10, ten things that you want to do in 2010 to make this your best year yet!
Throughout this program I am going to be teaching your financial advisors about the 10 disciplines that they should be focusing on in their financial planning practice, to make most of the opportunities that are standing in front of them right now.
- Plan -- As your advisors think about the bigger picture it ignites a fire in them to do more. In this module I will take your advisors through three key planning processes: Your Ultimate Day, Your Ideal Client Profile and Creating a Three Year Vision. In combination with one another these will generate a new enthusiasm for what is possible and an excitement about this process.
- Optimize -- We have all heard that small hinges swing big doors. In this module I will show your advisors the dramatic impact of a few small tweaks. I will use a golfing example that shows the difference between Number 1 and Mediocrity is tiny. I'll also show them the power of a tweak in the Advisory Business. One advisor made tiny improvements in 5 Key areas and nearly doubled his production!
- Expanding Their brand -- How would your Advisors' clients describe them? Is it the dreaded "rate specialist" at the bank? Powerful Positioning is a Strategic Process this module takes them through it.
- Coaching -- Tiger Woods actually has more coaches than mistresses (at least as of the last count). Your advisors can benefit from both receiving coaching from the right people and being a coach to their bank partners. In this module we will teach them how.
- Investments in themselves -- When I ran the biggest most successful branch at Bank of America Investment Services, I was often asked what set our people apart. Compared to most offices it was my teams willingness to invest in themselves. Too many bank advisors won't do anything unless the company is going to pay for it. Once this limiting belief has been reframed suddenly the sky is the limit. This module shows them how to buy dollars for pennies.
- A Mastermind Group -- A wise man once said, "1 and 1 equals 2, in one map of the world; you can also put it together differently, and 1 and 1 will equal 11. The difference between those two is a quantum leap in results. In this module, I will convince your advisors to work together toward a common goal and hold each other accountable. Once we have installed this behavior, your job of supervising gets a lot easier.
- Mastering persuasion -- "Great markets make for lousy sales people". So says one of my top coaching clients. By many measures he is one of the best of the best, yet his biggest lesson of the last 18 months was that he was relying on performance to the detriment of his core persuasion skills. In this module we teach Outcome Centered Selling. A method of eliciting your client most Compelling Emotional Outcomes. This leads to happier clients, who have deeper trust and reward you with greater wallet share. Oh and by the way, a Senior Enforcement Attorney from the SEC saw this module at a Due Diligence event and said, "If most advisors would adopt this sales model, se (the SEC) could shut down our enforcement division".
- Nurturing Trust -- Very often when a prospect sits down with one of your financial advisors they are already beginning the sales process with more trust and more confidence than on the day that they open the account at a wirehouse. And what I am going to teach them is how to take that trust that is already at a high level and bring it up to even saintly levels.
- Exceed Expectations- This is often the missed key to increasing referrals from their bankers, getting referrals from their clients. In this module we take a page from Dr. Stephen Covey and 'Begin with the End in Mind'. Everyone wants referring clients but few think about what it takes to get them. This module solves that problem.
- Measure -- I am going to teach your financial advisors how to measure some key indicators. I am going to teach them you already do a lot of things really, really good but you have probably got a few areas of your practice that could stand to do a little bit better.
"I decided to practice your Outcome Centered Selling techniques
(Capture and Lead the Imagination) on some of my "dead leads," within
the first week I had resurrected a lead that led to a $1,000,000
sale. This stuff is
"Unbelievably Invaluable tool", "Pays for itself", "You need to buy
Incredible information. I'm overwhelmed with the positive
response that my bankers have shown with your information. I
feel as if my relationship with my bankers have gone to the next level
and they find me to be a much more valuable resource.
"Bob Cobb is an extraordinary coach. I have benefitted greatly from his
dead on advice. His breadth of knowledge of sales and marketing amazes
me. Everything that I have ever done with him has given me atleast a 10
to 1 return on my investment.
I've worked with Bob Cobb for five years. I have never met anyone with
a more positive approach to business or life. Bob has never had a bad
day in either. He has an infectious positive energy that has to be
experienced to be believed. It is motivational just standing next to
"We have had six coaches and consultants speak to us this year (2004)
your presentation is by far the most on the mark--with actionable
that we have seen."
"I love Bob's coaching and teaching style, it's all about implementing
ideas and putting pen to paper instead of the typical coaching
experience of just talking about great ideas! Working with
him has given me a powerful way to position myself with my centers of
influence and partners...the impact has been HUGE!"
"On the shelves of my office, gathering dust, there are various marketing materials that have cost me a small fortune. Over the years I have “invested” a lot of money for programs that were nothing but empty promises. Some of these marketing programs and materials cost me thousands of dollars. Always looking for the key, and not finding it, after all these years, my persistence has finally been rewarded.
Your material just arrived this morning and I have just listened to the first CD. This is without a doubt some of the most powerful material I have ever seen or heard in my 25 years in this business. Knowing how it will improve my results, I can’t wait to get started with it. I only wish I would have had this material 25 years ago, when I started in the business. I can only imagine how much more successful I would have been. As I begin to use it and naturally achieve the marvelous results I expect, I will keep you updated.
Every business needs leaders who innovate and create exciting results for others. This is how I see you. Keep up the good work!"
Craig Peck -
Peck and Associates, Kansas City KS
Click here for more rave reviews!